Explore the most beautiful snorkeling sites the Dominican Republic has to offer with a full-day all-inclusive tour to Catalina Island. Experience turquoise waters, marine life and coral formations, as well as private beaches and a Dominican BBQ feast.
About this activity
Duration: 9 hours
Live guide: Spanish, English
Transportation: Private transportation from Punta Cana to Bayahibe Marina, boat transportation to the island.
- Enjoy the cool breeze, light refreshments and entertainment on board a catamaran to Catalina Island
- Snorkel “the Wall” and explore the diving possibilities off a private beach on Catalina Island
- Experience the most vibrant underwater ecosystems around the Dominican Republic
- Explore the island’s white sandy beaches and relax under the palm trees
- See vase sponges, coral formations, parrotfish, trumpet fish and more
- Enjoy a Dominican BBQ feast on a private beach
- Help yourself to unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages served at a bar overlooking the ocean
After hotel pick-up from your Punta Cana or Bavaro hotel, arrive at the marina. You will be welcomed aboard by the team with tropical refreshments. Your PADI-certified dive team will go through the health and safety procedures and will give a snorkeling briefing to ensure your experience is an unforgettable but safe one.
Leave the marina heading for the east side of Catalina Island to the snorkel site known as “The Wall,” which caters to both novice and expert snorkelers. Life jackets will be available to anyone that requires one.
During the journey, enjoy light refreshments and music. After approximately 30 minutes, arrive at the snorkel site and enjoy just under an hour of snorkeling. Expect clear turquoise waters, incredible visibility and an amazing underwater ecosystem.
After snorkeling, board the boat and head to the west side of Catalina Island. On arrival, you will be taken to a private beach. There will be a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic refreshments available as you relax and enjoy yourself. The staff will have snorkeling equipment available at the bar, so you can enjoy the snorkel sites near the beach.
Lunch will be served at around 13:00. The Dominican feast will be prepared by a renowned local chef. Enjoy fresh lobster caught that morning, meat, salads, pasta or local fruits all prepared in front of you at the beach
After lunch, the rest of the afternoon will be yours. Relax listening to the waves breaking on the shore, snorkel in the clear turquoise waters or enjoy the open bar.
Finally, board the boat and arrive back at the marina at 16:00. From there, we will bring you back to your hotel with your chosen transportation.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Catamaran boat ride
- Access to private beach on Catalina Island
- National Park admission on Catalina Island
- Experienced guides
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Dominican BBQ lunch
- Beach lounger
When you get there
Pick-up from any hotels in Punta Cana and Bavaro (subject to prior reservation). A tour representative will meet you either outside the main entrance or in the main lobby of your hotel. Once all guests have been picked up from their hotel, you will head to La Romana marina to board the boat. Pick-up time will be confirmed on receipt of your hotel details.
Know before you go
• Not recommended for pregnant women or for participants with cardiac or other serious medical conditions
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
• It is recommended that you bring a bathing suit, sunblock, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, cash and a camera
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Contact us by email or by phone to book this tour with us.